Welcome to BDA EXPRESS.
“BDA Express” is the easiest and fastest way to get your shipment from the U.S. to Bermuda. Whether purchasing items via catalog, internet or shopping abroad, simply give your supplier your “BDA Express” ship to address and we will do all the rest.
Your personal “BDA Express” address is a private U.S. shipping address for Bermuda residents and businesses needing a reliable, fast way to import packages weighing up to 150 pounds. “BDA Express” is for packages only. Mail, letters or magazines received through “BDA Express” will not be sent to Bermuda.
Here is some helpful information to get you started. We know you will enjoy the services offered.
DAILY & A WEEKLY CONSOLIDATED EXPRESS
We do offer DAILY and a CONSOLIDATED WEEKLY express service.
If using the DAILY service, orders should be addressed as:
Your name / BDA express
If using the CONSOLIDATED WEEKLY express service…
Your name / Consol weekly
GET STARTED TODAY.
• Now that you are signed up
• Call your bank to have them add your “BDA Express” address to your credit card as one of your “Ship to” addresses. Many overseas companies will require this before processing your orders.
• All shipments will be received at our “BDA Express” facility in New Jersey for processing and forwarding to you here in Bermuda.
• Expect delivery\collection in 3-4 business days from the time we receive your package at our “BDA Express” facility in New Jersey.
• You will be notified that your package has been received at our Office for collection.
• An invoice MUST accompany your shipment or it will be delayed until one can be provided. This is a requirement by Bermuda Customs for duty purposes. We suggest you have your supplier fax or email you a copy of the invoice at the time of purchase and for you to forward the invoice AND tracking number to email@example.com so that it is readily available for us to access, avoiding any clearance delays.
• Your “BDA Express” address must be complete on all shipping labels and must include your name.
• Ask your supplier to have your packages shipped complete via express courier. Partial shipments are more expensive and may cause delays and increased customs charges, as it is difficult to calculate the correct duties on goods received as part shipments.
• Check the weight and size of your shipments before shipping so that you can accurately estimate your costs before they ship to Bermuda. You will also then be able to calculate if “BDA Express” is the preferred method of shipping. With ocean and regular airfreight services offered, we will be able to recommend the most cost effective means of shipping. If you are uncertain, please contact us and we will help you with the calculations.
• Large light items will be shipped by size and not weight and can be quite expensive.
DIMENSIONAL WEIGHING CALCULATIONS
All airlines and courier companies bill by actual weight or “Dimensional Weight” whichever is greater. Shipping larger items such as comforters do not weigh much but take up a lot of space on the aircraft and therefore are billed by size or “Dimensional Weight”.
Be sure to calculate your shipments when ordering to know how your goods will be billed.
Calculations in inches
Length x width x height divided by 139 = the number of pound of Dimensional weight.
• No single package can exceed 150 lbs. in weight.
• Carrier fuel surcharges are calculated and will be added to your freight / shipping cost and are accessed and adjusted by the carrier based on fluctuating energy costs.
PAYMENT & MEMBERSHIP FEES
Along with the regular method of payments by cash or check, we can accept credit / debit cards for the shipping, duty charges and the insurance upon receipt of goods.
There will be an annual membership fee of $10.00 per calendar year, which is billed each January.
The membership is for one person only.
(not included are the current carrier fuel surcharges)
Our “BDA Express” is fast, reliable and competitive.
First pound $14.75
Each additional pound $4.40
(if between actual or dimensional weight from 2 – 30 pounds)
Each additional pound $3.20
(if between actual or dimensional weight from 31 – 150 pounds)
Service fee 2% of invoice value.